Joey and I are making plans to move to Fairfield, OH. Man, it's back and forth with all this moving. I don't know exactly how I feel about moving. Of course, with moving comes a lot more responsibility and now that Joey is getting out of the Army this summer, it is going to be extremely scary to live life in the civilian world without that secure paycheck that the Army offers. However, we know that we aren't the first people to make the transition from military life to civilian life. It will be hard to get used to but I know that we will survive.
Sophia turned 3 today. We celebrated her birthday yesterday. She enjoyed herself. It was a small celebration with Joey's dad and step mom and his nephew. Debbie's sister showed up right before Sophia opened her gifts. Today was very low key as I wasn't feeling well. I took Sophia to the park for a bit and came home and we played with her new toys. She's been under the weather with her allergies, so she wasn't up to having too much fun. I really do have an amazing little girl. She knows how to perk me up when I'm feeling down. She's so aware of emotions of other people and compassionate towards them. Every day, I am constantly amazed with how her little mind works. I love watching her grow up and figure things out.
Last night I was crying and Sophia rarely sees me cry but I couldn't help it last night. She stopped what she was doing and walked over to me and asked me, "What's wrong mommy?". I replied with, "nothing baby, I'm fine. Just sad" and she looked at me and said, " Are you sad b/c you lost your friends?". hahaha. I couldn't help but laugh. I replied, "yes, baby". So she sits down on the couch next to me and starts patting my back and says, "Don't worry mommy. It's okay. I'll find your friends". I held her tight and told her I loved her. She has such a big heart for a little girl her age. I am very proud of her and overwhelmed by her personality. I adore her.
Joey comes home on April 20th. I'm very excited! I am so ready to have him home. I have missed having his companionship. We've been through a great deal this deployment. It wasn't all bad though, a lot of what we went through has taught us both a lot about each other and what this marriage means to us. I would like to think that what we went through from September to now, has strengthened us as a couple and as individuals.
Things aren't perfect but they are far better than they used to be. It excites me.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syra, Sophia and Joey:
ReplyDeleteRemember that you are your own family unit and your extra family members are a part of your family as well, but your first and main concern is with your immediate family. It is OK to be upset, but you also need to not let it eat at you because, as you stated Syra, it changes you. You know what to do and you can do it. You and Joey will have to work on this and other folks will just have to take the back seat for awhile.
We love all of you.